From: Michael Brodeur on
Hello!

I am currently working on a text-based RPG and I wanted to implement a
function that allowed the user to save their game at any point, so that
it could be resumed later. Of course, this would need to be complimented
by a load function that would resume the game at that previous state.

Anybody know how I would do this? ^_^

Thank you in advance!

-SS

From: Michael Brodeur on
Bill,

Thank you for the links! It's still a lot to chew on, but I'll try to
figure it all out. :P

Best Regards,

-SS

From: cbrueggenolte on
On 16 Feb., 11:52, Michael Brodeur <mikejoe...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Bill,
>
> Thank you for the links! It's still a lot to chew on, but I'll try to
> figure it all out. :P
>
> Best Regards,
>
> -SS

Hi,

you could try out MongoDB or CouchDB as well.

http://www.mongodb.org/
http://couchdb.apache.org/

From: Ozgun Koyun on

May I suggest "sequel + sqlite"? http://sequel.rubyforge.org/