From: Terry Michaels on
I've been learning to use Shoes. The included manual indicates that to
start shoes applications, I must execute Shoes, and then select the
application I want to run through the file dialog window. This is fine
for me, the developer, but it seems like there should be some way to
start Shoes and the application in one command, so I can make this a
little simpler for my end users. But if I attempt to run "./shoes2.run
<application name> Shoes says that the application does not exist.

From: Steve Klabnik on

Hey Terry-

I've been learning to use Shoes.

Awesome!

> This is fine

for me, the developer, but it seems like there should be some way to
> start Shoes and the application in one command, so I can make this a
> little simpler for my end users.

There is! Check out the source for Hackety Hack:
http://github.com/hacketyhack/hacketyhack

To build it, you run 'rake APP=path/to/hackety/hack' from within the shoes
directory, and then 'rake APP=/path/to/hackety/hack installer' to create an
installer. This will build your program as a single binary.

The only downside... there's NO documentation on this. Hackety is the only
piece of software that is distributed this way, as far as I know. It's on my
list of things to do before the release of Shoes 3.

But if I attempt to run "./shoes2.run
> <application name> Shoes says that the application does not exist.

Did you run it as 'application name' or 'application file.rb' ?

Pages: 1
Prev: Search Array
Next: Template is missing statement