From: Kirk Haines on
Ruby Summer of Code is still accepting student applications!

Continuing in Google’s great tradition of encouraging student open
source development, Ruby Central, Engine Yard, and the Rails core team
are teaming up to present the first annual Ruby Summer of Code.

Head over to http://rubysoc.org to get started and follow @rubysoc for news
From: Jonathan Nielsen on
Is "Twitter Username" really required for a student application? I'm
thinking of applying, but I don't have a twitter account and really
have no interest in getting one.

-Jonathan Nielsen

From: Jeremy Kemper on
On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Jonathan Nielsen <jonathan(a)jmnet.us> wrote:
> Is "Twitter Username" really required for a student application?  I'm
> thinking of applying, but I don't have a twitter account and really
> have no interest in getting one.

We plan to use GitHub and Twitter to keep the community abreast of
summer work as it proceeds.

You can create an account just for the summer and just for progress
updates if you wish.

No, we won't mandate that you tweet about that awesome egg salad
sandwich you just ate or how much you hate hipsters.

jeremy

From: Thiago Massa on

I cant type my full phone number into student submission.

Will i get a feedback about my application as usual or it's an one time
shot?

--
Thiago Fernandes Massa
11 83979414

From: Fela Winkelmolen on
At what time does the application window for student application close?

It isn' t possible to edit the application once submitted, I guess??

Thanks,

- fela