From: Akshay Jangid on
Peter Hollenbeck wrote:
> I have a simple web services client written in Java. The essence of it
> is about 30 lines of code. It sends an XML message of about 20 lines to
> a web service and receives an XML response that may be as many as 8000
> lines. I have searched the web and have bought the books Programming
> Ruby and Agile Web Development with Rails but find nothing that leads me
> to what I need.
>
> I would appreciate suggestions.
> Peter

Hi All,

I have created a stand alone webservice tool to access any webservice
using ruby.
Just give the url , it will show you all the available method and let u
access them.
You need ruby gem Saop4r for it. It uses WSDL2Ruby as the core
implementation.
you can download my source code from below location :-
http://docs.google.com/uc?id=0By8L7mvqAaq6YjNhNjcxZjMtMzA4OS00Zjc0LWJiMWQtNGEzYzdjNDBiMzU0&export=download&hl=en

The attachment is a .jpg file.Change its extension to .zip and then
unzip it.

Read the main.rb file for more instructions....
Email me at akshay.dce(a)gmail.com for feedback or any queries.....

Regards,
Akshay Jangid