From: Svin Svin on
I have two files foo.rb and test.rb in the same folder.

test.rb
------------------------------------
puts RUBY_VERSION
require 'foo'
------------------------------------

foo.rb
------------------------------------
module Foo
PATTT = "2323"
class Foo2
def f
puts 'hello world'
end
end
end

puts 'eee'
------------------------------------

Running under NetBeans it's OK. But running test.rb through concole OR
RubyMine fails with:

C:\USERS\ADMIN>ruby
C:\Users\Admin\Documents\NetBeansProjects\RubyApplication1\l
ib\test.rb
1.9.1
C:/Users/Admin/Documents/NetBeansProjects/RubyApplication1/lib/test.rb:2:in
`req
uire': no such file to load -- foo (LoadError)
from
C:/Users/Admin/Documents/NetBeansProjects/RubyApplication1/lib/test
rb:2:in `<main>'

From: Svin Svin on

> Simple: you're trying to require 'foo' from a directory that is not
> the current one.
>
> If both test.rb and foo.rb are located in the same directory, doing
> "ruby path\to\test.rb" will not be able to find foo in the same path.
>
> Now, if you CD into the directory test.rb and foo.rb are located,
> require 'foo' will succeed, since the current directory is in the
> $LOAD_PATH.
>
> That helps?
Thanks, it helps!

Why it's so different from python/java :(

Pages: 1
Prev: [ANN] Dfect 2.2.0
Next: Hijacking `super'