From: Bruno Sousa on
Hi!
"# gem install RubyInline" installs its files in /root/.ruby_inline

Files:
~# ls .ruby_inline/
Inline__ca4f.c Inline__ca4f.so Inline_ImageScience_cdab.c
Inline_ImageScience_cdab.c.old Inline_ImageScience_cdab.so

How can I change the default path for RubyInline instalation?

From: Paul Carey on
> How can I change the default path for RubyInline instalation?

I don't have it locally so I can't check, but it may well be INLINEDIR.

Paul

From: Monty Williams on
It is indeed INLINEDIR

This has proved quite useful to me since my $HOME is shared among five
different *nixes.

-- Monty

From: Bruno Sousa on
Using a certain rails app, I was having problems with permissions
because rubyinline was inside /root folder.

Added this line in config/environment.rb:
ENV['INLINEDIR'] ||= '/var/www/olio/webapp/rails/trunk/tmp'

Now, it works :)