From: bsh on
nicetom786(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> 2)Moreover I am able to call the package procedure without parameters .
> But with parameters ,I passed using taking a varianle and storing in
> for ex
> col1= $1
> col2 = $2...
> then
> execute mypackage.myproc($col1,$col2....)

First of all, one doesn't "execute a package" -- one
executes a function or procedure within the package
specififcation.

As for command line arguments, read:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/support/tech/sql_plus/htdocs/sub_var2.html#2_7
or,
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a90842/ch6.htm#1007220

> ORA-06550: ...

http://www.dbmotive.com/oracle_error_codes.php?errcode=06550 states:

"There is probably an error when trying to execute or
compile a pl/sql block [such as] missing a semicolon
at the end of NULL."

Are you putting single-quotes around the substitution
parameters expressing textual content?

Incidentally, while on the subject, a method of calling
scripts _from_ PL/SQL is discussed in:

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:16212348050

.... and similarly for PostgreSQL (which has a PL/SQL
clone language module "pgsql"):

http://plsh.projects.postgresql.org/

=Brian