From: Russell King on
On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:06:44AM -0000, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> The following patch series removes the IRQF_DISABLED functionality
> from the core interrupt code and runs all interrupt handlers with
> interrupts disabled.

As was covered in previous discussions, what about drivers such as
SMC91x which take a long time to retrieve packets from the hardware?
Always running handlers with IRQs disabled will kill things such as
serial on these platforms.

So based on your description, I have no option but to NAK this.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: