From: Webbiz on
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:06:59 +0200, "Clive Lumb"
<clumb2(a)gratuit_en_anglais.fr.invalid> wrote:

>"Webbiz" <nospam(a)forme.thanks.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
>6o8la55jd5ldhdc2kd0u9qnv1qpisvin9p(a)4ax.com...
>> On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:02:45 +0100, "Mike Williams"
>> <Mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Webbiz" <nospam(a)forme.thanks.com> wrote in message

>>>You should be able to create at least a hundred or more screen compatible
>>>bitmaps of that size on your machine, and I'm sure in a separate VB app
>>>you
>>>certainly would be able to. Are you perhaps creating lots of 1680 x 952
>>>bitmaps in a loop without realising it, an array of PictureBoxes or
>>>something? Or are you doing something else that is perhaps causing your
>>>app
>>>to run out of GDI resources long before it runs out of available memory
>>>(perhaps creating thousands of GDI objects of some kind)? Even a very
>>>small
>>>GDI object will cause you to run out of resources if you create enough of
>>>them.
>>>
>>>Mike
>>>

>> I have no way of knowing the answer to those questions. I don't have
>> any code that deals with an array of picboxes. There are only two
>> picboxes in this app.
>>
>> And since I had rebooted the computer to test if the problem was still
>> there (and it was), I don't think it was from another app.
>>
>> But now the problem is gone and I can't duplicate it.
>>
>> It must have been the September 9th Millenium Virus. ;-b
>>
>> Webbiz
>
>Did you take a look at your font as I suggested higher up?

Thing is Clive, the issue is no longer and yet the font hasn't been
changed. Also, other programs that use the font have no problems. As
for Vista, the machine is XP Pro SP3.

As mentioned, the problem vanished the next day. Old backup copies of
the compiled code now work again. Strange.

Thanks.

Webbiz
From: Mike Williams on

> Thing is Clive, the issue is no longer and yet the font hasn't
> been changed. Also, other programs that use the font have
> no problems. As for Vista, the machine is XP Pro SP3.
> As mentioned, the problem vanished the next day. Old
> backup copies of the compiled code now work again.
> Strange.

It might have been just a gradual leakage of resources from various running
programs, some of which may have had small leaks that built up over time and
that went away as soon as you did a reboot.

Mike

From: Webbiz on
On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 21:01:40 +0100, "Mike Williams"
<Mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote:

>"Webbiz" <nospam(a)forme.thanks.com> wrote in message
>
>> Thing is Clive, the issue is no longer and yet the font hasn't
>> been changed. Also, other programs that use the font have
>> no problems. As for Vista, the machine is XP Pro SP3.
>> As mentioned, the problem vanished the next day. Old
>> backup copies of the compiled code now work again.
>> Strange.
>
>It might have been just a gradual leakage of resources from various running
>programs, some of which may have had small leaks that built up over time and
>that went away as soon as you did a reboot.
>
>Mike

No Mike. As I said, when the problem occurred, I immediately did a
reboot and it didn't change anything. That's when it became a real
problem.

It wasn't until THE NEXT DAY that it started working again.

:-)

Webbiz
From: Mike Williams on

> No Mike. As I said, when the problem occurred, I
> immediately did a reboot and it didn't change anything.
> That's when it became a real problem. It wasn't until
> THE NEXT DAY that it started working again. :-)

Was there an "r" in the month ;-)

Mike

From: Webbiz on
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:57:26 +0100, "Mike Williams"
<Mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote:

>"Webbiz" <nospam(a)forme.thanks.com> wrote in message
>
>> No Mike. As I said, when the problem occurred, I
>> immediately did a reboot and it didn't change anything.
>> That's when it became a real problem. It wasn't until
>> THE NEXT DAY that it started working again. :-)
>
>Was there an "r" in the month ;-)
>
>Mike

I don't get it. What's the punch line?

:-)