From: Lars Brownies on
I have Office 2003 and 2007 installed on a Win7 machine. WHen I start A2007
After using A2003, I get the Office Configuration screen which takes quite
some time to run. Can I do something to prevent that?

I have exercised option 1 (change registry) and 2 (Run as Admin) of the
article:
http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html

but no luck so far.

Thanks,

Lars

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
The Office 2007 Service Packs can reduce the time to about 30-40 seconds.
Other than Allen's advice, there's nothing else that can be done.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: Lars Brownies on
Thanks.

Lars

From: Mark Andrews on
You can develop something in Access 2007 and use sage installer to install
the Access 2007 runtime and your access 2007 database and it will work on a
machine with Access 2003 without affecting the access 2003 startup. You
will not see any office configuration on starting access 2003 or on starting
the application developed in access 2007 (however there will be a slight
delay on the 2007). Sage basically tweaks some registry settings, runs your
2007 app and then tweaks the registry settings back.

However in general I just use two computers (one with access 2003 and one
with access 2007) for development. That's my personal decision on how to
deal with the issue.

Hopefully Access 2010 and Access 2007 get along better, so in 2015 when
everyone has at least switched to Office 2007 things might be better?

Mark

From: Lars Brownies on
Thanks for the tip.

Lars

"Mark Andrews" <mandrews___NOSPAM___(a)rptsoftware.com> schreef in bericht
> You can develop something in Access 2007 and use sage installer to install
> the Access 2007 runtime and your access 2007 database and it will work on
> a machine with Access 2003 without affecting the access 2003 startup. You
> will not see any office configuration on starting access 2003 or on
> starting the application developed in access 2007 (however there will be a
> slight delay on the 2007). Sage basically tweaks some registry settings,
> runs your 2007 app and then tweaks the registry settings back.
>
> However in general I just use two computers (one with access 2003 and one
> with access 2007) for development. That's my personal decision on how to
> deal with the issue.
>
> Hopefully Access 2010 and Access 2007 get along better, so in 2015 when
> everyone has at least switched to Office 2007 things might be better?
>
> Mark
>
> "Lars Brownies" <Lars(a)Browniew.com> wrote in message
>> I have Office 2003 and 2007 installed on a Win7 machine. WHen I start
>> A2007 After using A2003, I get the Office Configuration screen which
>> takes quite some time to run. Can I do something to prevent that?
>>
>> I have exercised option 1 (change registry) and 2 (Run as Admin) of the
>> article:
>> http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html
>>
>> but no luck so far.
>>
>> Thanks,