From: Joe Blocks on

Hi

I'm using Ruby 1.9.1p378 on Windows XP and I'm having a very bad time
trying to run a script with no errors - I am opening a CMD windows and
typing

ruby test.rb

Then I am opening several HTML page - I am NOT 'puts' -ing them, just
parsing them with nokogiri.

What I get is all the html I am parsing being output. I get this even if
I comment out all puts statements.

Is there something about nokogiri or ruby that coule be doing this?

Thanks

Joe

From: Tiger Big one on
Joe Blocks wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using Ruby 1.9.1p378 on Windows XP and I'm having a very bad time
> trying to run a script with no errors - I am opening a CMD windows and
> typing
>
> ruby test.rb
>
> Then I am opening several HTML page - I am NOT 'puts' -ing them, just
> parsing them with nokogiri.
>
> What I get is all the html I am parsing being output. I get this even if
> I comment out all puts statements.
>
> Is there something about nokogiri or ruby that coule be doing this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

Hi, I think you will be happy with instantrail!

i am on windows 7 and it works perfectly!

http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl

From: Walton Hoops on
On 4/18/2010 12:32 PM, Joe Blocks wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using Ruby 1.9.1p378 on Windows XP and I'm having a very bad time
> trying to run a script with no errors - I am opening a CMD windows and
> typing
>
> ruby test.rb
>
> Then I am opening several HTML page - I am NOT 'puts' -ing them, just
> parsing them with nokogiri.
>
> What I get is all the html I am parsing being output. I get this even if
> I comment out all puts statements.
>
> Is there something about nokogiri or ruby that coule be doing this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

No. If you provide code however, we might be able to tell you what is.