From: LSMFT on
I have a 41 GB hardisk that could fail. It works fine.

Odd stats: 2.2 GB Swap
21 GB File system EXT4 (Actually using 39 GB)
180 GB File system EXT4
18446743911 GB Free space (unallocated)

--
LSmFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens............
From: Auric__ on
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:15:32 GMT, LSMFT wrote:

> I have a 41 GB hardisk that could fail. It works fine.
>
> Odd stats: 2.2 GB Swap
> 21 GB File system EXT4 (Actually using 39 GB)
> 180 GB File system EXT4
> 18446743911 GB Free space (unallocated)

Please phrase your question in the form of a question.

--
Not bad if you're an animated Disney character.
From: philo on
LSMFT wrote:
> I have a 41 GB hardisk that could fail. It works fine.
>
> Odd stats: 2.2 GB Swap
> 21 GB File system EXT4 (Actually using 39 GB)
> 180 GB File system EXT4
> 18446743911 GB Free space (unallocated)

If you have a SMART failure
clone the disk at once or back up your data

the drive will *definitely* fail

Could be in an hour

could be a few months but it's going to go for sure
From: LSMFT on
On 03/29/2010 05:14 PM, philo wrote:
> LSMFT wrote:
>> I have a 41 GB hardisk that could fail. It works fine.
>>
>> Odd stats: 2.2 GB Swap
>> 21 GB File system EXT4 (Actually using 39 GB)
>> 180 GB File system EXT4
>> 18446743911 GB Free space (unallocated)
>>

> If you have a SMART failure
> clone the disk at once or back up your data
>
> the drive will *definitely* fail
>
> Could be in an hour
>
> could be a few months but it's going to go for sure

I really don't care if it fails. It is only a second installation of the
same OS I have on the primary.
It's where (Primary slave) I used to install new versions of Opensuse to
test them before really installing them on the master.

From: philo on
LSMFT wrote:
> On 03/29/2010 05:14 PM, philo wrote:
>> LSMFT wrote:
>>> I have a 41 GB hardisk that could fail. It works fine.
>>>
>>> Odd stats: 2.2 GB Swap
>>> 21 GB File system EXT4 (Actually using 39 GB)
>>> 180 GB File system EXT4
>>> 18446743911 GB Free space (unallocated)
>>>

>> If you have a SMART failure
>> clone the disk at once or back up your data
>>
>> the drive will *definitely* fail
>>
>> Could be in an hour
>>
>> could be a few months but it's going to go for sure
>
> I really don't care if it fails. It is only a second installation of the
> same OS I have on the primary.
> It's where (Primary slave) I used to install new versions of Opensuse to
> test them before really installing them on the master.

yes

I have a bunch of old drives I use to perform "test" installs

but ones with SMART errors I just pitch in the recycle bin