From: Sahil Tandon on
On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 12:20:12 +0200, David Jacobson wrote:

> I appreciate your response, however if you read my original message
> you will notice that we have had a look at all support
> smtp_sasl_password_maps options and it only allows for the following
> scenario according to the docs:
>
> 1) use SMTP auth for _destination_ mail server
> 2) use SMTP auth PER _email address_ to destination mail server
>
> It does not allow for SMTP auth per _sending domain_
>
> Option 2 will give desired results but is a nightmare to manage
> individual email addresses in the file, we just want to say
> *@sendingdomain.com uses auth.

Have you explored PCRE to match *@example.org on the LHS of
smtp_sasl_password_maps?

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil(a)FreeBSD.org>

On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 12:20:12 +0200, David Jacobson wrote:

> I appreciate your response, however if you read my original message
> you will notice that we have had a look at all support
> smtp_sasl_password_maps options and it only allows for the following
> scenario according to the docs:
>
> 1) use SMTP auth for _destination_ mail server
> 2) use SMTP auth PER _email address_ to destination mail server
>
> It does not allow for SMTP auth per _sending domain_
>
> Option 2 will give desired results but is a nightmare to manage
> individual email addresses in the file, we just want to say
> *@sendingdomain.com uses auth.

Have you explored PCRE to match *@example.org on the LHS of
smtp_sasl_password_maps?

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil(a)FreeBSD.org>

Hi Sahil,

We tried PCRE matches to no avail. Based on your request we tried to change sasl_passwd lookup from hash to pcre (I'm no postfix guy, so have no idea if this should work or not, but postfix restart didn't complain)

smtp_sasl_password_maps = pcre:/opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/sasl_passwd

Then in sasl_passwd tried various combinations including:

/@domain\.com$/ username:password

And it did not work, please advise what you mean? It just seems like SASL doesn't support PCRE.

Thanks!

David Jacobson
Technical Director
Tel: 011 262 3632
Fax: 086 637 8868
Cell: 083 235 0760
Email: davidj(a)synaq.com
Web: www.synaq.com

Sandhaven Office Park, Pongola Crescent
Eastgate Ext 17 Sandton
On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 12:20:12 +0200, David Jacobson wrote:

> I appreciate your response, however if you read my original message
> you will notice that we have had a look at all support
> smtp_sasl_password_maps options and it only allows for the following
> scenario according to the docs:
>
> 1) use SMTP auth for _destination_ mail server
> 2) use SMTP auth PER _email address_ to destination mail server
>
> It does not allow for SMTP auth per _sending domain_
>
> Option 2 will give desired results but is a nightmare to manage
> individual email addresses in the file, we just want to say
> *@sendingdomain.com uses auth.

Have you explored PCRE to match *@example.org on the LHS of
smtp_sasl_password_maps?

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil(a)FreeBSD.org>

Hi Sahil,

We tried PCRE matches to no avail. Based on your request we tried to change sasl_passwd lookup from hash to pcre (I'm no postfix guy, so have no idea if this should work or not, but postfix restart didn't complain)

smtp_sasl_password_maps = pcre:/opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/sasl_passwd

Then in sasl_passwd tried various combinations including:

/@domain\.com$/ username:password

And it did not work, please advise what you mean? It just seems like SASL doesn't support PCRE.

Thanks!

Hi There,

Just for the sake of clarification we've found what we're looking for, PCRE was not required.

We simply made smtp_sender_dependent_authentication = yes then sasl_passwd could accept @domain.com - took us now 2 days to figure this one out.

Thanks for everyones assistance anyway.

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 04:12:41PM +0200, David Jacobson wrote:

> We tried PCRE matches to no avail. Based on your request we tried to change sasl_passwd lookup from hash to pcre (I'm no postfix guy, so have no idea if this should work or not, but postfix restart didn't complain)
>
> smtp_sasl_password_maps = pcre:/opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/sasl_passwd

This is documented (clearly I might add) to use the nexthop gateway
as the lookup key, unless you have followed the directions in:

http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#client_sasl_sender

to enable per-sender passwords, in which case the lookup key is the
sender address (and then the nexthop as a default fallback).

> Then in sasl_passwd tried various combinations including:
>
> /@domain\.com$/ username:password

This won't match the nexthop, if you have not enabled per sender
password lookups.

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_sender_dependent_authentication

--
Viktor.

From: Sahil Tandon on
On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 16:12:41 +0200, David Jacobson wrote:

[ .. ]

> It just seems like SASL doesn't support PCRE.

The statement does not make sense.

> Just for the sake of clarification we've found what we're looking for,
> PCRE was not required.

PCRE is not *required*, but it would be fine if you followed the
documentation.

> We simply made smtp_sender_dependent_authentication = yes then
> sasl_passwd could accept @domain.com - took us now 2 days to figure
> this one out.

Why 2 days? You were linked to the documentation for
smtp_sasl_password_maps, and there, following the first comma: "or
sender address **WHEN** sender-dependent authentication is enabled"

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil(a)FreeBSD.org>