From: Luciano (DOC) on
I want to select a substring from a text this way:
blablaNAME:myNameADDRESS:myAddressblabla
What I want to get is all the text between "NAME:" and "ADDRESS:"
I'm trying:
SELECT SUBSTRING(myField, PATINDEX ('%NAME:%', testo) + 5, xxxxxx)
Of course I can't know how long the substring is, so I don't know what to
put over the xxxxx
Anybody helps me?
Thanks.

Luciano

From: Plamen Ratchev on
Here is one method:

SELECT SUBSTRING(myField, PATINDEX ('%NAME:%', myField) + 5,
PATINDEX ('%ADDRESS:%', myField) -
PATINDEX ('%NAME:%', myField) - 5)

You may consider splitting based on ":" as delimiter:
http://www.sommarskog.se/arrays-in-sql.html

--
Plamen Ratchev
http://www.SQLStudio.com
From: Luciano (DOC) on

"Plamen Ratchev" <Plamen(a)SQLStudio.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Here is one method:

Thanks for the rapid answer!

Luciano

Pages: 1