From: Satz Klauer on
Hi,

I'm running a system with Fedora 12 and Apache/PHP default installation.
That means PHP is used as module in Apache, it is NOT running as CGI.

Nevertheless for the latest PHP version installed there
$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'], $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'] and
$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] do no longer work, they are empty and I get a
warning that they do not exist. It looks for me like a big incompatible
change from one version of PHP to an other (which is a mess).

So how can I get them back? Or what is the intended way to access the HTTP
Basic Auth username and password?
From: Nilesh Govindarajan on
On 04/04/10 22:04, Satz Klauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running a system with Fedora 12 and Apache/PHP default installation.
> That means PHP is used as module in Apache, it is NOT running as CGI.
>
> Nevertheless for the latest PHP version installed there
> $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'], $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'] and
> $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] do no longer work, they are empty and I get a
> warning that they do not exist. It looks for me like a big incompatible
> change from one version of PHP to an other (which is a mess).
>
> So how can I get them back? Or what is the intended way to access the HTTP
> Basic Auth username and password?

Why not dump the $_SERVER array and check it out ?

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator
From: shiplu on
You can use, http://php.net/getallheaders function and parse the
authentication header.
For basic authentication, username and password are kept base64
encoded and separated by a ":"

Shiplu Mokaddim
My talks, http://talk.cmyweb.net
Follow me, http://twitter.com/shiplu
SUST Programmers, http://groups.google.com/group/p2psust
Innovation distinguishes bet ... ... (ask Steve Jobs the rest)

From: Nathan Rixham on
Satz Klauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running a system with Fedora 12 and Apache/PHP default installation.
> That means PHP is used as module in Apache, it is NOT running as CGI.
>
> Nevertheless for the latest PHP version installed there
> $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'], $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'] and
> $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] do no longer work, they are empty and I get a
> warning that they do not exist. It looks for me like a big incompatible
> change from one version of PHP to an other (which is a mess).
>
> So how can I get them back? Or what is the intended way to access the HTTP
> Basic Auth username and password?

just a quick sanity check; you do have the specific site/directory set
up to send and receive basic auth yeah? sounds very much to me like this
is an apache config issue and not php :)

regards!
From: "Daniel P. Brown" on
Sorry for the top-post. Easter has me on the DROID instead of my PC.

I second Rixham's thought. Is it a DSO, CGI, FCGI? What pops out in
var_dump($_SERVER) and var_dump($_ENV)?