From: Duncan on

Hi,

I am in the process of converting from Qmail to Postfix and absolutely
love it so far.
I was testing on Postfix v2.4 and have just upgraded (From FreeBSD
ports) to postfix-current-2.7.20090712,4

Before upgrading, the 'greet pause' feature of sendmail where by any
client commands sent before the 220 SMTP prompt is displayed would
cause the client to be disconnected, worked, however now it doesn't.
I notice '[Feature 20090228]' mentions "per session" flags, but I
don't fully understand this change. My config hasn't changed:

smtpd_delay_reject = no
smtpd_client_restrictions = sleep 3, reject_unauth_pipelining

This was enough before to achieve this desired effect and block
'slammers'.

Any help you could give would be much appreciated. Looking forward to
putting Postfix into production!

Kind regards

Duncan Baxter