From: M on
Hi,

We are blocking some messages (spoofing) in Exchane 2007. I can see it
is working because there are a lot of smtp rejected messages in the
event vieuwer (1025). So this works very well, but are these messages
still placed in the transaction logs. I hope not?

We se many transaction logs on one day (small customer and not a lot
of mail).

Kind regard,
Robin
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 00:03:57 -0700 (PDT), "M(a)rantz"
<m2rantz(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>We are blocking some messages (spoofing) in Exchane 2007. I can see it
>is working because there are a lot of smtp rejected messages in the
>event vieuwer (1025). So this works very well, but are these messages
>still placed in the transaction logs. I hope not?

If the message is rejected it isn't going to generate any transactions
because there's no message to process.

>We se many transaction logs on one day (small customer and not a lot
>of mail).

I guess you'll have to define "many". Sending (or receiving) large
attachments, a message loop, and many other things all create log
files.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP