From: BobF on
Russ B wrote:
> I have a project I'm working on that has a good bit of envelope automation
> going on and for some reason the faders have stopped following the
> envelopes during playback. The automation is still working, just the fader
> animation seems to have stopped/been turned off. An older version of the
> same project still has fader animation working. Can't seem to find
> anything about this on the forum. Any ideas? (copying to a new project is
> not an option as track send busses and plugins are not copied to the new
> project-how boneheaded is that?)

Is it the automation playback button, or does that ignore the envelope
altogether?

From: polymod on

"Russ B" <ElmSTUPIDITYertfudd(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> set phasers on Delicious Ranch
> Dressing and spewed news:Xns9D2056F782A33BrownShoesDontMakeIt@
> 85.214.113.135:
>
> > The killer robot Russ B <ElmSTUPIDITYertfudd(a)yahoo.com> grabbed the
> > controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
> >
> >> I have a project I'm working on that has a good bit of envelope
> >> automation
> >
> > So you like to play with fire, Scarecrow? ;)
>
> Perhaps. The automation itself is still working on the tracks but the
> realtime animation of the envelope events has stopped. The values for
> volume, pan, reverb & delay send stay the same in track window. It's not
> really that big a deal but I would like to see them move again.

Have you saved, rebooted, and reloaded the project?
(yea, I know...the obvious)

Poly

From: SoftShell on

>I have a project I'm working on that has a good bit of envelope automation
> going on and for some reason the faders have stopped following the
> envelopes during playback. The automation is still working, just the
> fader
> animation seems to have stopped/been turned off. An older version of the
> same project still has fader animation working. Can't seem to find
> anything about this on the forum. Any ideas? (copying to a new project
> is
> not an option as track send busses and plugins are not copied to the new
> project-how boneheaded is that?)
>
> --
> Elmer Tiberius Fudd <-- He's dim, Jed...Purveyor of SUYMF!
> remove STUPIDITY to reply, however, STUPIDITY was engaged when send button
> was pressed

I dunno from Sonar 8 but that sounds like what happens with the envelope
offset button engaged. I keep accidently hitting that in S5.

--
_____________________

Steve Wilson

From: David Light on
On 15 Feb 2010 08:41:06 GMT, Russ B <ElmSTUPIDITYertfudd(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I have a project I'm working on that has a good bit of envelope automation
>going on and for some reason the faders have stopped following the
>envelopes during playback. The automation is still working, just the fader
>animation seems to have stopped/been turned off. An older version of the
>same project still has fader animation working. Can't seem to find
>anything about this on the forum. Any ideas? (copying to a new project is
>not an option as track send busses and plugins are not copied to the new
>project-how boneheaded is that?)

Have you accidentally turned on offset mode? This would make the
faders work independently from the envelopes. Offset mode comes in
very handy for globally tweaking a track up or down that has a lot of
envelope nodes, but is best left off IMHO since there's no indication
of how much offset is applied when offset mode is not active. Offset
mode used to be shown to be active by little "+" symbols next to the
controls. I'm not sure the SONAR 8 does this.
From: David Light on
On 20 Feb 2010 19:19:44 GMT, Russ B <ElmSTUPIDITYertfudd(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

Good news! I had the same thing a few years ago and it took
awhile to find.