From: LABKHAND on
All,

I am trying to figure out number of WORKING days per each week (1-6) of each
month excluding holidays. I have set up a sheet as follows:

B1=1/1/2010
then I have weeks#1 through 6 as a label in cells A3 through A8
in cell B3 I have the following formula:

=MIN(31-DAY(B$1+31),$A3*7-WEEKDAY(B$1))+1-SUM(B$2:B2) and the same formula
is dragged to populate cells B4 through B8.

I also have a named range defined for FY10_Holidays

The above formula works, but does not excludes hoildays from the total
number of days per week. Do you know how can I modify the formula to
exclude holidays?

Thanks for your help.
From: B Lynn B on
check out the NETWORKDAYS function. I can't remember for sure, but this may
be one of the functions that pre-2007 versions of excel need you to install
the analysis toolpak.

From: LABKHAND on
B Lynn,

I know about the NETWORKDAYS function, my problem is that I do not know how
to modify my formula to use this function.

From: Bob Phillips on
Seems incredibly unwieldy, I will try and get a simplet formula, but add
this to your formula

-SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(holidays,ROW(INDIRECT(MIN(DATE(YEAR($B$1),MONTH($B$1)+1,0),($B$1+($A3-1)*7-WEEKDAY($B$1+($A3-1)*7)+1))&":"&MIN(DATE(YEAR($B$1),MONTH($B$1)+1,0),($B$1+($A3)*7-WEEKDAY($B$1+($A3)*7))))),0))))

--

HTH

Bob

From: B Lynn B on
OK, sorry to have underestimated your familiarity with the available
functions. Can you please clarify one part of your question? "WORKING days
per each week (1-6)" - does that mean you're trying to count each week as
having 6 workdays? Otherwise I don't get what you mean by the "1-6".