From: Matthias Wolf on
Hello,

we have the problem, that our SP3 installations are running very long.
The setup hangs at the point "Cleanup..".
If I look in the servicepack-log, this is the line:

MigrateHotfixes ...

Does anyone know what the installation is doing during this step?
From: MowGreen on
Matthias Wolf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have the problem, that our SP3 installations are running very long.
> The setup hangs at the point "Cleanup..".
> If I look in the servicepack-log, this is the line:
>
> MigrateHotfixes ...
>
> Does anyone know what the installation is doing during this step?

Matthias,

WHICH SP3 installation for WHICH product are your referring to ?

If you are referring to applying XP SP3, then strongly suggest that you
configure the systems to Clean boot prior to applying SP3 to rule out
interference from 3rd party software:

How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten