From: Paul Bergson [MVP-DS] on
I have to install sp3 on one of my 2005 test sql servers. I have been able
to download the executable but the setup and readme file on the Microsoft
site comes up not found.

Does anyone know where I can track down the install notes?

SP3 Download link
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ae7387c3-348c-4faa-8ae5-949fdfbe59c4&displaylang=en

Broken ReadMe link (Setup Documentation and readme file within download
page):

Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services
MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci
2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This
posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

From: John Bell on

"Paul Bergson [MVP-DS]" <pbbergs(a)nopspam_msn.com> wrote in message
>I have to install sp3 on one of my 2005 test sql servers. I have been able
>to download the executable but the setup and readme file on the Microsoft
>site comes up not found.
>
> Does anyone know where I can track down the install notes?
>
> SP3 Download link
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ae7387c3-348c-4faa-8ae5-949fdfbe59c4&displaylang=en
>
> Broken ReadMe link (Setup Documentation and readme file within download
> page):
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=130542
>
> --
> Paul Bergson
> MVP - Directory Services
> MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci
> 2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
>
> http://www.pbbergs.com
>
> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This
> posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Hi

If you run the exe to extract the files (/x parameter) you get some
information (in the 1033 directory) including a help file and document which
has this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128871 for the readme.

John

From: Paul Bergson [MVP-DS] on
Do you know the extract only command. I fear running might start the
install progress.

From: Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP] on
Even if the install process starts, there are plenty of opportunities to
click Cancel buttons. You probably have to hit next 5 or 6 times before it
actually does anything at all.

On 1/21/09 12:40 PM, in article uaqSq9#eJHA.4392(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, "Paul

From: Paul Bergson [MVP-DS] on
I would assume it is in the install notes. I'll start it up and see what it
dumps in the temp folders.