From: dspring0021 on

I know it's more than a year later, but I am experiencing the same
issue. See the full description 'here'
(http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xprepair/thread/0d510bba-a48e-4745-a8fd-2543e84f26c7/).

Were you ever able to get this resolved in a clean fashion?

Thank you!

--
dspring0021
dspring0021's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162255.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Shenan Stanley on
<snipped>

dspring0021 wrote:
> I know it's more than a year later, but I am experiencing the same
> issue. See the full description 'here'
> (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xprepair/thread/0d510bba-a48e-4745-a8fd-2543e84f26c7/).
>
> Were you ever able to get this resolved in a clean fashion?
>
> Thank you!

That looks like the HP/AMD fiasco. You are really asking in the wrong place
if so. Although - you will get pointed to the correct place - if it is so.

You should have followed the instructions from HP in order to prevent the
issue from occuring...

Prevent it by applying the patch:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com:80/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=pv-60484-2

Already have the problem, follow the instructions:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01457284

You may need to perform a repair installation. You will need an updated
Windows XP CD. I suggest contacting HP.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP