From: InfraEngineer on
Stragely enough, I did not see anything related to what is actually going on..
When you run the installer, if you monitor the system event log (and refresh
every so often) you will see that during the "cleanup" it is actually
installing hot fixes post SP3. Now what I was looking for was something on
this topic so I can determine if the process is actually installing the post
SP3 hot fixes that were previously installed or if they were part of the SP3
installer. I suspect it was the former, as I could not find anything in the
install package that indicated there were follow-on patches.
Maybe someone else out there can expand on this.