From: BlackMini on
Hi - Please could someone explain the cause of the following messages from a
SQL Server 2000 machine in a clustered environment:

RowId=21953206
TimeGenerated=01.09.2006 01:16:34
Log=App
Category=3
CategoryString=Failover
Type=1
EventId=17052
Message=[sqsrvres] CheckQueryProcessorAlive: sqlexecdirect failed
InsertionStrings=[sqsrvres] CheckQueryProcessorAlive: sqlexecdirect failed

RowId=21953207
TimeGenerated=01.09.2006 01:16:34
Log=App
Category=3
CategoryString=Failover
Type=1
EventId=17052
Message=[sqsrvres] printODBCError: sqlstate = HYT00; native error = 0;
message = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired
InsertionStrings=[sqsrvres] printODBCError: sqlstate = HYT00; native error =
0; message = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

RowId=21953208
TimeGenerated=01.09.2006 01:16:34
Log=App
Category=3
CategoryString=Failover
Type=1
EventId=17052
Message=[sqsrvres] OnlineThread: QP is not online.
InsertionStrings=[sqsrvres] OnlineThread: QP is not online.

RowId=21953210
TimeGenerated=01.09.2006 01:16:34
Log=App
Category=3
CategoryString=Failover
Type=1
EventId=17052
Message=[sqsrvres] CheckQueryProcessorAlive: sqlexecdirect failed
InsertionStrings=[sqsrvres] CheckQueryProcessorAlive: sqlexecdirect failed

RowId=21953211
TimeGenerated=01.09.2006 01:16:34
Log=App
Category=3
CategoryString=Failover
Type=1
EventId=17052
Message=[sqsrvres] printODBCError: sqlstate = HYT00; native error = 0;
message = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired
InsertionStrings=[sqsrvres] printODBCError: sqlstate = HYT00; native error =
0; message = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

RowId=21953212
From: Hilary Cotter on
Did one of the nodes failover during this time? The
CheckQueryProcessorAlive: sqlexecdirect failed is the IsAlive function of
the cluster.

--
Hilary Cotter
Director of Text Mining and Database Strategy

This posting is my own and doesn't necessarily represent RelevantNoise's
positions, strategies or opinions.

Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html

Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com