From: Marc S. on
hi everyone

i already posted this in the setup group but couldn't get a reply up until
now.

yesterday i was experiencing some issues trying to install SQL Server
2005 on my Windows Server 2008 R2 box (64-bit).

after i completed the installation i can't seem to find the SQL
Management Studio. i have selected all components to be installed, including
"workstation components, books online and development tools".

i tried searching for SQLWB.exe but couldn't find anything.

thanks for your help!

cheers
marc

--
MCP, EPM consultant
Zurich, Switzerland

From: John Bell on
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:35:02 -0800, Marc S.
<marc_s(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hi everyone
>
>i already posted this in the setup group but couldn't get a reply up until
>now.
>
>yesterday i was experiencing some issues trying to install SQL Server
>2005 on my Windows Server 2008 R2 box (64-bit).
>
>after i completed the installation i can't seem to find the SQL
>Management Studio. i have selected all components to be installed, including
>"workstation components, books online and development tools".
>
>i tried searching for SQLWB.exe but couldn't find anything.
>
>thanks for your help!
>
>cheers
>marc

The most obvious question is "Is this SQL Express?"

Have you checked the setup logs?

John
From: Uri Dimant on
Hi
I think that John is right, you can download SQL Express Edition that has
already included SSMS