From: JonnyC on
Hey all,

Last weekend we had to turn our servers off due to a power grid update in
our office. When we started them back up the services on our test SQL box
will not start. I have confirmed that the login for the domain account that
is running the services is ok. I also changed it to run the local servvice
account but it fails with this account also.

I am getting the following errors in the logs:

The SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) service terminated with service-specific error
The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file..

FCB::Open failed: Could not open file C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Data for file number 1. OS error: 5(failed
to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15105).

I have also confirmed that teh services account has full permissions to the
path specified in the error above.

We are running the the following specs:

SQL Server 2008 64-bit SP1 on 64-bit Windows 2008 R2 enterprise.

Thanks,
JC

From: Eric Isaacs on
I would suggest you contact Microsoft Support about this issue.

-Eric Isaacs
From: JonnyC on
This resolved it.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqldatabaseengine/thread/17088a81-9117-41eb-be4b-b9f08586f524