From: Suggy1982 on
I have just downloaded SQL Server 2008 SP1 and I am problems installing this
on my laptop.

My laptop is running Vista Home Premium SP2 with 4 GB RAM and 2.1 GHz
Processor.

I have download the exe file and when I run this the installer extracts some
files to a temp folder on me C drive, it then launches a dialog box and asks
me to install the setup support files, which I do.

When this completes nothing else happens, but when I go to my start menu
there is a new SQL 2008 folder and within that there is the installation
centre, which I launch.

When I then click on the option to add a new stand alone instance or run the
system checker I am prompted to provide the path for the installation media.
But the only file I have is the 200+ mb exe file I downloaded and the temp
file the exe file created on my c drive is now gone.

Can anyone help me please; I am pulling my hair out.

Regards,

Adrian
From: Tibor Karaszi on
It seems you installed a service pack without having SQL Server installed in
the first place. SP1 do not contain the product, it is only the service
pack.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp