From: Jason Wilson on
I am unable to create a new windows autentication SQL Server login on my
system. It is a 32 bit SQL Server 2008 (Developer Edition) on Windows 7.
Whenever I try to create the login, either in SSMS, or with T-SQL, I get an
error 15401 - Msg 15401, Level 11, State 1, Procedure sp_grantlogin, Line 49
Windows NT user or group 'MyDomain\Username' not found. Check the name again.

If I click search, it can find it in AD no problem, but when I try to OK to
create it, is when it cannot find it. I have searched the web, and found KB
324321 and went through that, and none of that was the problem, nor resolved
the issue. I am however to login using my windows domain ID which is in the
local admins group.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,
From: Uri Dimant on
Jason
What does xp_logininfo 'MyDomain\Username' return ?

Using sp_helptext 'sp_grantlogin' you could see what line 49 ia about

From: Jason Wilson on
Thanks for the response. When I run xp_logininfo for the new user I am
trying to add it returns this error:

Msg 15404, Level 16, State 11, Procedure xp_logininfo, Line 62
Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'MyDomain\NewUser',
error code 0x6fd.

Thanks,

Jason

From: Roger Newton on
We had a similiar issue with a windows 2008 r2 server, we made the folowing
changes documented in this article
(http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/189775-46-shows-permissions-domain-users)

Domain Member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (always) - Set
this to Disable
Domain member: Digitally encrypt secure channel data (when possible) _ Set
this to Disable
Domain member: Digitally sign secure channel data (when possible) _ Set
this to Disable