From: Miro on
Hi,

I just had to do a full re-install on a new machine.

The new machine is windows 7.

I am having problems trying to install sql express 2008

Here are my steps i did.

I installed Visual Studio 2008
Installed VS2008 sp1

Then uninstalled anything that said "SQL" ( because it was all for the 2005
version ).

Then I went and downloaded the SQL Express 2008 and installed.
It then installed SQL Express 2008 sp1.

Now, when I go to the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio I dont have a
server installed.
I go into Server Configuration Manager and under the 'sql server services'
there is absolutly nothing there.

Is there something I still need to setup / or a walk through I can watch /
read to install this properly?

Thanks.

Miro

From: Miro on
I got this working.

A full re-install and followed these instructions did the trick.
http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/install-and-configure-sql-server-2008-express

Cheers'

Miro