From: SQL on
I would appreciate if someone can guide me on where I can find useful
administration scripts (daily, weekly, monthly, etc) I can setup for a
news server. Also let me know if any performance related scripts I can
run to get recommendation for improvement, etc.
From: John Bell on
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:38:53 -0700 (PDT), SQL <texassqldba(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>I would appreciate if someone can guide me on where I can find useful
>administration scripts (daily, weekly, monthly, etc) I can setup for a
>news server. Also let me know if any performance related scripts I can
>run to get recommendation for improvement, etc.

You need to understand why you need to perform maintenance and when.
There is no one solution fits all.

You can look at maintenance plans or if you are on SQL Express
http://www.sqldbatips.com/showarticle.asp?id=27

There are plenty of scripts available on the internet to identifying
missing indexes and information is in books online about the DMVs,
assuming that you are on SQL 2005 or above. Again adding and removing
an index should be a considered decision. If you can't be bothered to
put the effort and intelligence into adding indexes look at the index
tuning wizard and just implement all it recommends.

John