From: Frank P. Eigler on
It looks like the graphics card on my Mac Pro is fubar*. While I deal with
that, I was hoping to use Chicken of the VNC to work on comp (email, etc)
over the LAN. However, I don't have screen sharing/remote desktop enabled
on the Pro.

The question: can I use SSH (or some other method) to change the screen
sharing/remote desktop setting(s) so I can go into the Pro with VNC from
my laptop.

Mac Pro w/10.5.?
Titanium Laptop w/10.4.11

Thanks!

*Running dual monitors. Neither appear to receive a signal from the Pro,
but both verified as working by mirroring the laptop.
--
Non Illegitimi Carborundum
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <4c5b10e9$1(a)news.victoria.tc.ca>,
ws917(a)vtn1.victoria.tc.ca (Frank P. Eigler) wrote:

> It looks like the graphics card on my Mac Pro is fubar*. While I deal with
> that, I was hoping to use Chicken of the VNC to work on comp (email, etc)
> over the LAN. However, I don't have screen sharing/remote desktop enabled
> on the Pro.
>
> The question: can I use SSH (or some other method) to change the screen
> sharing/remote desktop setting(s) so I can go into the Pro with VNC from
> my laptop.
>
> Mac Pro w/10.5.?
> Titanium Laptop w/10.4.11
>
> Thanks!
>
> *Running dual monitors. Neither appear to receive a signal from the Pro,
> but both verified as working by mirroring the laptop.
> --
> Non Illegitimi Carborundum

Try this:

<http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20080318190503111>

JR
From: Frank P. Eigler on
Jolly Roger (jollyroger(a)pobox.com) wrote:
: In article <4c5b10e9$1(a)news.victoria.tc.ca>,
: ws917(a)vtn1.victoria.tc.ca (Frank P. Eigler) wrote:

: > It looks like the graphics card on my Mac Pro is fubar*. While I deal with
: > that, I was hoping to use Chicken of the VNC to work on comp (email, etc)
: > over the LAN. However, I don't have screen sharing/remote desktop enabled
: > on the Pro.
: >
: > The question: can I use SSH (or some other method) to change the screen
: > sharing/remote desktop setting(s) so I can go into the Pro with VNC from
: > my laptop.
: >
: > Mac Pro w/10.5.?
: > Titanium Laptop w/10.4.11
: >
: > Thanks!
: >
: > *Running dual monitors. Neither appear to receive a signal from the Pro,
: > but both verified as working by mirroring the laptop.

: Try this:

: <http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20080318190503111>

Thanks, JR! Just what was needed.
--