From: Dave on
Does anyone know why my SSIS "derived column transformation" item is
truncating hour and minute values from the date type - when inserted
in the DB?

The code is doing the pretty standard (DT_DBDATE)GETDATE() call with
SSIS type "database date [DT_DBDATE]". The DB type is smalldatetime
(no seconds stored).

I don't think the datetime to smalldatetime conversion is the reason
for hour / minute truncation as other packages i've referenced don't
have this issue - with similar setups.
any help would be appreciated, let me know if you need more info.

thanks, dave
From: Dave on
On Nov 11, 4:49 pm, Dave <djohanns...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know why my SSIS "derived column transformation" item is
> truncating hour and minute values from the date type - when inserted
> in the DB?
>
> The code is doing the pretty standard (DT_DBDATE)GETDATE() call with
> SSIS type "database date [DT_DBDATE]".  The DB type is smalldatetime
> (no seconds stored).
>
> I don't think the datetime to smalldatetime conversion is the reason
> for hour / minute truncation as other packages i've referenced don't
> have this issue - with similar setups.
> any help would be appreciated, let me know if you need more info.
>
> thanks, dave

i figured it out, the cast was wrong. using (DT_DATE)GETDATE()
instead the expected date was inserted into the db with hours /
minutes.

again no seconds ... as its smalldatetime type.

Pages: 1
Prev: using output
Next: SQL syntax (part 2)