From: dazhewitt on
I've creating a tablix based report using a dataset source that resembles an
order, order item model.

We have a tablix setup with the order item line as the detail group, and
have a lot of information in the 'order header' that we are trying to display
in the group header in the tablix. The report is splitting across pages in
strange places and we think that this is because the header information is
going over more than one page.

It is trying to ensure that it fits a detail row on, but rather than
spliting the table at the end (ie, when it runs out of page) it is doing it
at the top = in other words, it paginates until it thinks that the rest of
the page won't fit on - then it splits it leaving a mostly blank page.

If I don't put the order header info into the table, can I still group by
order and put the header information onto the page followed by the tablix
with the order items? I might be missing something really obvious on this,
but If I try to do this the textboxes in the headers will only use
First(Fields!<fieldname>) or Last(... and I can't seem to produce a report
like this for more than one order at a time.

I've tried using tables embedded in tables, to improve the point where it
splits, and this has helped, but it does strange things to the table width
upon rendering - even though it looks ok in the designer.

Thanks.

Darryl