From: steve_m on
I've got a list of dates dd/mm/yyyy in column A and a list of the numbers in
column B which is related to the number of occurrences of something on each
date listed. There are some gaps in the dates ie. it is not a continuous
calendar list.

What I need to do is count the total number of occurrences in April 2010 for
example. I've tried using SUMPRODUCT but I'm stuck! I've managed to count the
number of times a date in April 2010 is listed but not the sum of number of
occurrences in April 2010 from the column B? Hopefully that is semi-clear?!!
From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
Try this…

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100>=DATE(2010,4,1))*(A1:A100<=DATE(2010,4,30)),(B1:B100))

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

From: Jacob Skaria on
Try SUMPRODUCT() with TEXT()

=SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A1:A100,"mmmyyyy")="Apr2010")*B1:B100)

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: steve_m on
Thanks, that does the job! How could I modify this to only sum items in
column B if both the month in column A matches *and* a boolean value in
column C is true?

From: Fred Smith on
Just add it as another condition. Assuming column C really has True/False
values in it, use:
=SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A1:A100,"mmmyyyy")="Apr2010")*B1:B100*C1:C100)

Regards,
Fred