From: Gregory Brown on
On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:11 PM, William Rutiser <wruyahoo05(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> I haven't investigated any of this really deeply, but it may be
> possible to write something which extends and reuses most of Prawn but
> with a different class of Document and some associated classes which
> render SVG rather than PDF.
>
> Perhaps Gregory Brown or one of the other core Prawn contributors will
> see this and comment?

Thanks to JEG2, I now know about this thread. :)

Right now we're not in a super stellar state for dropping in an
alternate renderer, but it's a huge goal of ours and we're heading in
that direction. A sufficiently interesting use case such as this
would really help. Anyone looking to wrap Prawn's high level
features onto a different backend format, please do contact us via the
Prawn mailing list, we will be happy to make the refactorings
necessary to make this easy:

http://groups.google.com/group/prawn-ruby