From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
With IE7, when I have a pdf open, and sometimes other docs, and click on a
link, a message pops up that the operation is not allowed in "Safe Reading
Mode." What is that, and how do I change the properties? I have a lot of
safety selections going on but never encountered this one until the past
week.

Using Secunia, and MS Security Essentials with others updated weekly (not
all being used daily); adaptive software for the blind. Secunia is only
program that starts on start-up. eml is only file ext that is omitted in
Security Essentials.

Thank you, as usual.
--
Ciao - Moi

From: Shenan Stanley on
~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:
> With IE7, when I have a pdf open, and sometimes other docs, and
> click on a link, a message pops up that the operation is not
> allowed in "Safe Reading Mode." What is that, and how do I change
> the properties? I have a lot of safety selections going on but
> never encountered this one until the past week.
>
> Using Secunia, and MS Security Essentials with others updated
> weekly (not all being used daily); adaptive software for the blind.
> Secunia is only program that starts on start-up. eml is only file
> ext that is omitted in Security Essentials.
>
> Thank you, as usual.

FoxIt Reader?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
Shenan Stanley wrote:
>> ~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:
>>> With IE7, when I have a pdf open, and sometimes other docs, and
>>> click on a link, a message pops up that the operation is not
>>> allowed in "Safe Reading Mode." What is that, and how do I change
>>> the properties? I have a lot of safety selections going on but
>>> never encountered this one until the past week.
>>>
>>> Using Secunia, and MS Security Essentials with others updated
>>> weekly (not all being used daily); adaptive software for the blind.
>>> Secunia is only program that starts on start-up. eml is only file
>>> ext that is omitted in Security Essentials.
>>>
>>> Thank you, as usual.
>>
>> FoxIt Reader?

yes!!!

From: John K.Eason on
In article <uXtWhldLLHA.2100(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, newshelper(a)gmail.com (Shenan
Stanley) wrote:

> *From:* "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper(a)gmail.com>
> *Date:* Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:16:32 -0500
>
> ~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:
> > With IE7, when I have a pdf open, and sometimes other docs, and
> > click on a link, a message pops up that the operation is not
> > allowed in "Safe Reading Mode." What is that, and how do I change
> > the properties? I have a lot of safety selections going on but
> > never encountered this one until the past week.
> >
> > Using Secunia, and MS Security Essentials with others updated
> > weekly (not all being used daily); adaptive software for the
> > blind.
> > Secunia is only program that starts on start-up. eml is only file
> > ext that is omitted in Security Essentials.
> >
> > Thank you, as usual.
>
> FoxIt Reader?

Sounds like it. Run Foxit, go to Tools > Preferences..., click 'Trust Manager' in
the left-hand list and uncheck 'Enable Safe Reading Mode'.

Regards
John (john(a)jeasonNoSpam.cix.co.uk) Remove the obvious to reply...
From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
i believe I unchecked "Safe Reading Mode, Shenan - thank you.