From: Dr. Henri Wilson on
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:31:13 GMT, "Androcles" <Engineer(a)hogwarts.physics>
wrote:

>"Dr. Henri Wilson" <HW@....> wrote in message
>: On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:28:59 GMT, "Androcles" <Engineer(a)hogwarts.physics>
>: wrote:
>:
>: >
>: >"Dr. Henri Wilson" <HW@....> wrote in message
>: >news:tgcvh3tegj6m80dhv0998ml89cak893t0t(a)4ax.com...
>: >: On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:32:36 GMT, "Androcles"
><Engineer(a)hogwarts.physics>
>: >: wrote:
>:
>: >: >Androcles' third law:
>: >: > For every photon there is an equal and opposite rephoton.
>: >: >(They just happen to be coloured magenta and yellow so that
>: >: >you can see them.) They are very much like waves, but have
>: >: >direction. That's because atoms or molecules have two electrons.
>: >: >It all comes down to wave superposition, photons have two sources,
>: >: >not one, and momentum must be conserved.
>: >:
>: >: ..atoms or molecules have two electrons......???????????????
>: >
>: >Two or more, yes. You have difficulty counting, of course.
>:
>: What about H?
>
>You've never seen a photon from a single hydrogen atom and never will.
>This is from a molecule, H2.
> http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/quantum/modpic/hydtube.jpg
>
> You have difficulty counting and with basic chemistry as well as
>basics physics, of course.

Hydrogen has ONE electron, dummy pommie engineer.

Henri Wilson. ASTC,BSc,DSc(T)

www.users.bigpond.com/hewn/index.htm
From: Paul B. Andersen on
Dr. Henri Wilson wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:28:44 +0200, "Paul B. Andersen"
> <paul.b.andersen(a)hiadeletethis.no> wrote:
>
>> Dr. Henri Wilson wrote:
>>> BaTh says that the rays move at c wrt the moving source from the (static)
>>> emission point. They move at c+v and c-v (wrt the no-rotating frame) around the
>>> ring. BaTh says the travel times are the same and elements emitted
>>> simultaneously arrive at the detector simltaneously.
>> And since the "elemens" of a ray which travel with the phase velocity c+/-v
>> are planes of equal phase, the phases blatantly obviously have to
>> be equal if they meet _simultaneously_ at the detector.
>
> Sorry Paul, unlike your 'moving squiggles' BaTh the front of a BaTh photon
> oscillates once every absolute wavelength traveled.

I suppose 'oscillating' means that some entity is varying cyclically.
Lets call that entity 'phi' (or anything else you might suggest).
Would you please express what you stated above mathematically?
phi(x,t) = ?

Too hard for you? :-)
--
Paul

http://home.c2i.net/pb_andersen/
From: Dr. Henri Wilson on
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:13:58 +0200, "Paul B. Andersen"
<paul.b.andersen(a)hiadeletethis.no> wrote:

>Dr. Henri Wilson wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:28:44 +0200, "Paul B. Andersen"
>> <paul.b.andersen(a)hiadeletethis.no> wrote:

>>> And since the "elemens" of a ray which travel with the phase velocity c+/-v
>>> are planes of equal phase, the phases blatantly obviously have to
>>> be equal if they meet _simultaneously_ at the detector.
>>
>> Sorry Paul, unlike your 'moving squiggles' BaTh the front of a BaTh photon
>> oscillates once every absolute wavelength traveled.
>
>I suppose 'oscillating' means that some entity is varying cyclically.
>Lets call that entity 'phi' (or anything else you might suggest).
>Would you please express what you stated above mathematically?
>phi(x,t) = ?
>
>Too hard for you? :-)

See my reply to George where I define photon wavelength..

Henri Wilson. ASTC,BSc,DSc(T)

www.users.bigpond.com/hewn/index.htm
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36