From: sarndt on
In code, is it possible to set a worksheet to do a save when a cell value
changes but only do the save for the cell - not for the full
worksheet/workbook?
From: joel on

The answer is NO from excel. Excel write the entire file when a save
is performed. the only way you can save one cell at a time is if the
workbook wasn't opened.

I know my answer sound strange but you can change a workbook without
opening the file. Yo ucan use a workbook like a database using the ADO
method which is really an Access database feature. You can see a lot of
posting using the ADO method or look at the VBA help in Access.

The ADO mehod make a connection to the file and then make changes using
SQL commands and/or creating a RecordSet to read and write data to the
file.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php

From: İlknur Ates on
Without copy paste all the values in another sheet, you couldnt save only the
cell.

"sarndt":

> In code, is it possible to set a worksheet to do a save when a cell value
> changes but only do the save for the cell - not for the full
> worksheet/workbook?

Pages: 1
Prev: ADO - Access to Excel
Next: Excel button problem