From: Anthony on
Hi,

The project is running on Excel 2003. The work machines are locked down and
users don't have administration rights, so I cant look at permissions etc...

The error is limited to only a few, but all seem to be on HP laptops, but
not all HP laptops have the problem.

The code is basically

Workbook_open

make worksheets visible

application.displayalerts = false
thisworkbook.saveas thisworkbook.path &"\(backup) " &
thisworkbook.name
application.displayalerts = true

turn of menus
turn of sheet tabs
stop certain key combinations

make first page visible

This locks excel up. The user has to ctrl+alt+del to close it down.
if I remove the saveas it works.
The saveas line is exactly the same as the save option in the project once
its running, but that works without any problems (although there is a slight
pause)

If I replace saveas with savecopy function its exactly the same.

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks in advance

From: Jan Karel Pieterse on
Hi Anthony,

> The saveas line is exactly the same as the save option in the project once
> its running, but that works without any problems (although there is a slight
> pause)
>
> If I replace saveas with savecopy function its exactly the same.
>

> Anyone with any ideas?

Try moving the save code to a sub in a normal module and calling the save sub
using Application.Ontime in the Open event.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

From: Anthony on
hi,

Implemented and sent to those that were having problems. The file runs ok on
mine (but so did the original version)

Thank you in advance. will feed back results....

Regards

Anthony

From: Anthony on
HI,

The code worked the first time it was run and allowed them to open the file,
make a back up etc... but when they saved and closed and re-opened it, it
crashed and locked up once the workbook had opened..

response :

Opened okay got to WPQ made one change, closed and reopened okay.

Went back in to WPQ and egg timer missing, no curser, all I had was a cross
and couldn't do anything

Had to use task manager to get out

Steve

WPQ is a page in the project

From: Jan Karel Pieterse on
Hi Anthony,

> Went back in to WPQ and egg timer missing, no curser, all I had was a cross
> and couldn't do anything

Might be good to head over to that user and try control+break when it hangs,
maybe some code is just running in an endless loop?

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com