From: Doug on
When I try to saving as a mdb to the 2007 accdb I get an error message. The
message indicates that the database is opened to a user. That user is the
message is my own computer. How do I stop this and be able to convert a 2003
routine or mdb to a accdb?
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
"Doug" <Doug(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to saving as a mdb to the 2007 accdb I get an error message.
> The
> message indicates that the database is opened to a user. That user is the
> message is my own computer. How do I stop this and be able to convert a
> 2003
> routine or mdb to a accdb?

First, unless you need the new features available only in the ACCDB format,
you should leave your file as an MDB. That way it can be used by everyone,
and is considerably smaller in size.

If you must use the new format, first make sure that the MDB will compile,
then try closing it. Make sure there is no LDB file left, or delete it if
there is. Now convert the file.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com