From: adacrypt on
On Jun 23, 1:05 pm, Globemaker <alanfolms...(a)cabanova.com> wrote:
> I started evaluating your software today for Popular Cryptography
> Magazine. I downloaded the 22 Megabyte source code called Vector
> Cipher 2 as 22MByte .zip
> 16 MB for programs
> GNAT311p.exe 16 MB (maybe an installer I did not use)
>
> I executed the .exe file:
> batch_encryption_program_mark_0.exe  a 1 Megabyte file.
>
> The ciphertext was like:
>     4068409    7963018    4966015    1537367    7858280    9097434
> 6314945    8769637    7894264    5401918    8949484    9783091
> 3709278    7870985    8911815    3276221    6984303    9783525
> 3676164    8982173    9789513   10145143    5662428    9564158

> My questions:
> Is this a good program to evaluate for your Adacrypt ASCII to ASCII
> encryption?
> What is the installer : GNAT311p.exe ?
> Which of the 145 files in the .zip file is the top level main()
> program source code?
> Ùçécç ïö ôçå 145 öéëåó éí ôçå .æéð öéëå éó ôçå ôïð ëåøåë ìáéí()
> ðñïãñáì óïõñcå cïäå?

My experience of Ada runs to developing the sourcecode of these
ciphers into a design proof of a working program only in each case - I
am not interested in the Ada-95 programming language per se for any
other reason - in theory at least, programs written in earlier
compilers should run in the current updated revised Ada - 2005
programming language also but without testing that theory I prefer not
to take any chance on it backfiring - also the Gnat 311.p compiler is
one that came with the text book I used may years ago and I became
kind of attached to it. - I reason that if any body is interested in
developing this cryptography any further it would not be expecting too
much for that person to test out my Ada-95 programs in the new
environment of Ada-2005 and tweak the sourcecode if needs be to suit
the new compiler should it need some user asistance.

Note: The earlier version of Ada i.e. Ada-95 does not have built-in
means of doing vector algebra like the crossproduct etc and the user
was sensibly expected to use longhand methods on the operands which I
agree with and prefer but there was such an outcry for built in
packages that would do the operations of vector methods as packages on
call as sourcecode from users that it was included when the language
was updated in the Ada-2005 revised compiler.

For all round safety and simplicity's sake therefore I decided to
include a compiler in the download rather than refer people to a
source where it could be found - also I think that version i.e. Gnat
311.p is no longer available now as far as I know. - I am willing to
cooperate with you if you are on the level - adacrypt

If you are on the level about evaluating these ciphers then please
note that there are three versions to each cipher - Mark_0 is a long
fully expanded tutorial/diagnostic version that is meant to be useful
in displaying all of the interanl workings of the program in question
- the throughput rate is not meaningful.

Mark_1 and Mark_2 are identical and are devoid of any display of how
they work which of course is exactly the same as Mark_0, the time
taken as the encryption or decryption rate is then meaningful in
tests.

The onboard test files are named according to the number of characters
(nominally) that they contain e.g PlainTextFile_1.dat contains only 1
character (Capital P), PlainTextFile_9.dat contains 9 characters (the
word 'milestone')

The design focus is on the cryptostrength of these ciphers on the
basis that once theoretically unbreakable strength is realised in the
algorithm then the rest (whatever it may be ) is either computer
science or management orientated and is achievable more easily by well
known methods.

Vector cryptography is very elegant but the scalar cipher on the table
with it has the same theoretically unbreakable crypto strength but is
much, much more efficient - this is being made available also later as
a download to interested parties.
From: adacrypt on
On Jun 23, 9:12 pm, adacrypt <austin.oby...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> tests.
>
> The onboard test files are named according to the number of characters
> (nominally) that they contain e.g PlainTextFile_1.dat contains only 1
> character (Capital P), PlainTextFile_9.dat contains 9 characters (the
> word 'milestone')
>
> The design focus is on the cryptostrength of these ciphers on the
> basis that once theoretically unbreakable strength is realised in the
> algorithm  then the rest (whatever it may be ) is either computer
> science or management orientated and is achievable more easily by well
> known methods.
>
> Vector cryptography is very elegant but the scalar cipher on the table
> with it has the same theoretically unbreakable crypto strength but is
> much, much more efficient - this is being made available also later as
> a download to interested parties.- Hide quoted text -

Forgot to say - Linux comes with a built in Ada compiler these days
but again it might be necessary to explore that carefully with my
windows sourcecode - how much faith can you put in the ISO tag is
something I don't know - I reckon this needs advice from an Ada buff -
(macada.com might help) - adacrypt
From: Bruce Stephens on
adacrypt <austin.obyrne(a)hotmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Forgot to say - Linux comes with a built in Ada compiler these days

Not so, but it's normally easy to install (packages will be available).
GNU/Linux distributions will often have compilers for C, C++ and
suitable things (whatever you want to call them) for executing Python,
Perl, Awk, etc. (Java's a slightly special case in that often the GNU
java compiler will be installed but usually one wants the Oracle
(formerly Sun) implementations.)

Not for the Ada language, though---there's no technical difficulty, it's
just that almost nobody wants it so it's not appropriate to install it
by default.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: What's encoding?