From: R. Lamar Duffy on
I need to capture screen video & my narration for some software training
videos, but I appear to be in codec hell.

I've got the Applian Replay AV suite, which has video capture, as well as
the free capture tool from camstudio.org, & I was planning on using Vegas
Pro to edit the captured video. With either capture suite, I get
nice-quality video if I view it within their players. But if you try to
view it w/ Windows Media Player or Vegas, you can get any combination of the
following: audio & video out of sync; audio track twice as long as video
track; video but no audio; audio w/ black video; eventually opens & plays,
w/ noticeable degradation in picture quality.

SURELY this can't be this hard. I looked to see if Sony didn't have a video
capture tool, but I can't find it if they do. Does anyone have a favorite
capture tool (free or reasonably priced) that outputs video that plays nice
w/ the other toys?

Thanks,

Lamar

From: Sue Morton on
Techsmith's Camtasia is a first-rate product and not at all cheap. We use
it regularly at work to create demos, CBT's, presentations, etc. It's very
good. Did I mention it is not cheap?

If you haven't already, you might take a look at these FREE tools:

BB Flashback Express
http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBack_FreePlayer.aspx?cc=true
or
Wink http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

I've used both programs to some depth. They are not perfect for every
application, but they are pretty decent tools and did I mention they are
FREE.

There is also the free Jing http://www.jingproject.com/ from the Techsmith
folk, I took a quick look at it awhile ago. It didn't look bad but it
didn't suit my requirements so I didn't dig any further.
--
Sue Morton

From: R. Lamar Duffy on
Thanks, Glenn & Sue for your leads. I'll report back if I witness any major
breakthroughs.

Lamar

Pages: 1
Prev: Plug-ins I'd like to see...