From: Andrew Poulos on
The client told me that some element on some screens in a elearning
course I built for them that runs off their SCORM-compliant Learning
Management system (LMS) do not display.

When I tested it off their LMS:
- all screens display in Safari, Opera, and Firefox
- the problem does occur in IE 8
- if I press the F11 key (the full screen key) the "missing" elements show
- all screen elements are dynamically generated using
document.createElement et al
- no js error/warning appears to be thrown
- no CSS errors/warnings are apparent in the generated screens
- on my local LMS I don't have any problems
- the course passes the relevant SCORM test suite.

How do I approach a fix for this?

Andrew Poulos
From: Martin Honnen on
Andrew Poulos wrote:
> The client told me that some element on some screens in a elearning
> course I built for them that runs off their SCORM-compliant Learning
> Management system (LMS) do not display.
>
> When I tested it off their LMS:
> - all screens display in Safari, Opera, and Firefox
> - the problem does occur in IE 8
> - if I press the F11 key (the full screen key) the "missing" elements show

> How do I approach a fix for this?

Is there any (perhaps IE specific) CSS that prevents scroll bars from
appearing, like
body { overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; }
so that some elements are not visible with a smaller window while they
are shown in a full screen window?

--

Martin Honnen
http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/
From: Andrew Poulos on
On 9/08/2010 11:25 PM, Martin Honnen wrote:
> Andrew Poulos wrote:
>> The client told me that some element on some screens in a elearning
>> course I built for them that runs off their SCORM-compliant Learning
>> Management system (LMS) do not display.
>>
>> When I tested it off their LMS:
>> - all screens display in Safari, Opera, and Firefox
>> - the problem does occur in IE 8
>> - if I press the F11 key (the full screen key) the "missing" elements
>> show
>
>> How do I approach a fix for this?
>
> Is there any (perhaps IE specific) CSS that prevents scroll bars from
> appearing, like
> body { overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; }
> so that some elements are not visible with a smaller window while they
> are shown in a full screen window?

No CSS that prevents scroll bars from appearing. It all appears fine
locally.

Andrew Poulos