From: pls123 on
Hi all !!

when I use Application.ScreenUpdating = False
at the beginning of a Sub,

will it propagate to other subs thet are called by this first one,
even if they are in other workbooks ,

or i have to write it also in the called subs ??

Does it makes any difference if I dont' write

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

at the end of this main sub in excel 2007 ??

tx all !!!
From: Paul Robinson on
Hi
It automatically sets to true at the end of each sub (otherwise your
screen would not update). Worthwhile putting it at the top of every
sub.
regards
Paul

From: Bob Phillips on
Help tells you that you should set it back to True at the end, but my
experience tells me it doesn't matter.

--

HTH

Bob

From: Bob Umlas, Excel MVP on
You don't need to have applicatino.screenupdating=false throughout -- only
once will suffice. However, I do recomment turning it to true at the end -
I've frequently seen the entire app seep to freeze until I went to the
immediate window and entered Application.Screenupdatin = True (after the
macro had stopped!) in order to even see the worksheet.

From: pls123 on
tx all for help!