From: Pat on
Hi Friends,
SQL 2008

I need to be able to script the creating a full text index, in order
to make it part of my deploy process to production.
When I follow the wizard, there are not place to "script the
changes" , what are my other options ?

Thanks in advance,
Pat
From: John Bell on
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:01:24 -0700 (PDT), Pat
<patrickalexander.email(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Friends,
>SQL 2008
>
>I need to be able to script the creating a full text index, in order
>to make it part of my deploy process to production.
>When I follow the wizard, there are not place to "script the
>changes" , what are my other options ?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Pat

Hi Pat

I'm not totally sure what you are wanting, but full text indexes are
scripted along with tables. You can change the default options to
always script full text indexes using the Tools/Options/SQL Server
Object Explorer/Scripting/Table and View Options and make sure Script
Full Text Indexes to True or there is a similar option if you choose
the Advance button on the Set Scripting Options step of the scripting
wizard.

HTH

John