From: W. eWatson on
I seem to have somehow misplaced my PS (Subject). I have TerraByte
FreetoGo PS and it is white and very much like a rectangle. Can someone
describe there's and the electrical requirements?
From: W. eWatson on
W. eWatson wrote:
> I seem to have somehow misplaced my PS (Subject). I have TerraByte
> FreetoGo PS and it is white and very much like a rectangle. Can someone
> describe there's and the electrical requirements?
Does it say Seagate on it or have any distinctive symbol that might be
unique to Seagate?
From: Michael W. Ryder on
W. eWatson wrote:
> I seem to have somehow misplaced my PS (Subject). I have TerraByte
> FreetoGo PS and it is white and very much like a rectangle. Can someone
> describe there's and the electrical requirements?

The power adapter on my FreeAgent drive is a small black device made by
Asian Power Devices Inc. It takes 100-240V up to .5 Amps. The output
is 12V and 2 Amps. All this information is on the bottom of the device
and there are no markings on the rest of the case.
From: W. eWatson on
Michael W. Ryder wrote:
> W. eWatson wrote:
>> I seem to have somehow misplaced my PS (Subject). I have TerraByte
>> FreetoGo PS and it is white and very much like a rectangle. Can
>> someone describe there's and the electrical requirements?
>
> The power adapter on my FreeAgent drive is a small black device made by
> Asian Power Devices Inc. It takes 100-240V up to .5 Amps. The output
> is 12V and 2 Amps. All this information is on the bottom of the device
> and there are no markings on the rest of the case.
Thanks. Is it longer than it is high, and looks pretty rectangular with
only slightly rounded corners? That's how the one for the 1000G looks. I
decided to use it instead, and it worked fine.

I think the last time I played with the 500G one was about 12-18 months
ago. It sure wasn't where I expected it to be. The USB port was plugged
into the PC, but the PS was nowhere to be seen. I'll either replace it
or discover it somewhere.

It may have gotten tossed. I seem to have a lot of no-name wall-warts,
and I thought it was an orphan, since it apparently had no good markings
on it.
From: Michael W. Ryder on
W. eWatson wrote:
> Michael W. Ryder wrote:
>> W. eWatson wrote:
>>> I seem to have somehow misplaced my PS (Subject). I have TerraByte
>>> FreetoGo PS and it is white and very much like a rectangle. Can
>>> someone describe there's and the electrical requirements?
>>
>> The power adapter on my FreeAgent drive is a small black device made
>> by Asian Power Devices Inc. It takes 100-240V up to .5 Amps. The
>> output is 12V and 2 Amps. All this information is on the bottom of
>> the device and there are no markings on the rest of the case.
> Thanks. Is it longer than it is high, and looks pretty rectangular with
> only slightly rounded corners? That's how the one for the 1000G looks. I
> decided to use it instead, and it worked fine.

Mine is thin and slightly longer than tall. The shape from the side is
rectangular except for the the top corner next to the plug is rounded.