From: salgud on
Tried to search XL files in Windoze Explorer for userform, procedure and
module names - doesn't work. Does anyone know of a search tool that can do
this? Sure would be handy!
Thanks in advance.
From: Gary Brown on
Check out MZ-Tools for VBA. It's an add-in at...
http://www.mztools.com/v3/mztools3.aspx
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

From: Wouter HM on
On 22 mrt, 17:28, salgud <spamboy6...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> Tried to search XL files in Windoze Explorer for userform, procedure and
> module names - doesn't work. Does anyone know of a search tool that can do
> this? Sure would be handy!
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Salgud,

About 6 years ago I created a tool in Visual Basic 6 which could
scanned a complete folder.
It listed each Word and Excel file and reported if the file contained
VBA code.
It dit not look inside the VBA code.

To get what you want I guess you will need such a tool, but the tool
shoul open the file ina hidden instance of Word / Excel and open the
VBE.
Next it shoul loop thru all components to look for the names of the
forms, modules and possible classes.
If the code is protected you will not be able to collect this
infromation.

I know it is possible, but it might be to complicated to list here.

Sorry if you are disapointed by this aswer.

Regards,

Wouter.
From: salgud on
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:57:01 -0700, Gary Brown wrote:

> Check out MZ-Tools for VBA. It's an add-in at...
> http://www.mztools.com/v3/mztools3.aspx

Thanks for your reply. I'm already using MZ tools - works great. I meant a
tool that would search from outside the VBE, like Windoze Explorer can
search for text inside a file.
From: salgud on
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:07:04 -0700 (PDT), Wouter HM wrote:

> On 22 mrt, 17:28, salgud <spamboy6...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>> Tried to search XL files in Windoze Explorer for userform, procedure and
>> module names - doesn't work. Does anyone know of a search tool that can do
>> this? Sure would be handy!
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> Hi Salgud,
>
> About 6 years ago I created a tool in Visual Basic 6 which could
> scanned a complete folder.
> It listed each Word and Excel file and reported if the file contained
> VBA code.
> It dit not look inside the VBA code.
>
> To get what you want I guess you will need such a tool, but the tool
> shoul open the file ina hidden instance of Word / Excel and open the
> VBE.
> Next it shoul loop thru all components to look for the names of the
> forms, modules and possible classes.
> If the code is protected you will not be able to collect this
> infromation.
>
> I know it is possible, but it might be to complicated to list here.
>
> Sorry if you are disapointed by this aswer.
>
> Regards,
>
> Wouter.

Thanks for the reply. I guess what I'm looking for doesn't exist at this
time.