From: Josh B <Josh on
I am unable to get this Update to run properly, everytime that I go to
install it it errors our and says I was unable to sucessfully install this
update. What do I need to do to get this to run??
From: Robin Walker [MVP] on
Josh B <Josh B(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am unable to get this Update to run properly, everytime that I go to
> install it it errors our and says I was unable to sucessfully install
> this update. What do I need to do to get this to run??

Please disable all third-party anti-virus, anti-malware (e.g. SpySweeper),
and firewall products. Enable Windows Firewall in place of any third-party
firewall. Now try the updates again - is your problem fixed?

Anyway, you might wish to defer installing 911280 for a few weeks as there
have been some problems reported with it.
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911280 in the "Known issues" section.

--
Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
rdhw(a)cam.ac.uk

From: Josh B on
I disabled both my VirusScan and my Spy Sweeper and tried to reinstall and
was unsuccessful. Beside the known problem does not pretain to me. Anymore
suggestions? Thanks
Josh

From: Ottmar Freudenberger on
"Josh B" <Josh B(a)discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

>I am unable to get this Update to run properly, everytime that I go to
> install it it errors our and says I was unable to sucessfully install this
> update.

Have a look into the "KB912280.log" file to be found in the Windows folder.
And please provide the Windows version you are using.

Bye,
Freudi

Pages: 1
Prev: update wont install