From: Athanas on
For Windows Server 2003.

This is a standard Windows Update that I try to install but get a message
that it failed to install. I can't find any source to tell me why it won't or
what I can do about it. I am not getting an error code of any sort - it is
just listed under "not installed" when I get my update installation screen at
the end of the installs.

Can anyone help please?

I downloaded the update manually from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a37a2d8a-a5ce-4f06-bf07-8cafa16e7a59&displaylang=en

Ran it, and then ran Check Updates (from Windows website) and the update is
still logged as not Installed!
From: Peter Foldes on
Did you reboot the Server after manually installing this Update which needs a reboot

--
Peter

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956744

For home users (only), no-charge support is available by calling
1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United
States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.
There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security
updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a
Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB56744).

Or you can...

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following pages for assistance:
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.

Athanas wrote:
> For Windows Server 2003.
>
> This is a standard Windows Update that I try to install but get a message
> that it failed to install. I can't find any source to tell me why it won't
> or what I can do about it. I am not getting an error code of any sort - it
> is just listed under "not installed" when I get my update installation
> screen at the end of the installs.
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> I downloaded the update manually from:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a37a2d8a-a5ce-4f06-bf07-8cafa16e7a59&displaylang=en
>
> Ran it, and then ran Check Updates (from Windows website) and the update
> is
> still logged as not Installed!

Pages: 1
Prev: Windows Vista updates