From: Spizzat2 on
I've recently started using YAHOO!® User Interface library, and
noticed that I can consistently reproduce a security exception on a
certain page in Firefox with Firebug.
The error I get as the page is loading is
[Exception... "Security error" code: "1000" nsresult: "0x805303e8
(NS_ERROR_DOM_SECURITY_ERR)" location: "http://yui.yahooapis.com/combo?
2.7.0/build/yahoo/yahoo-debug.js&2.7.0/build/event/event-
debug.js&2.7.0/build/connection/connection-debug.js&2.7.0/build/
datasource/datasource-debug.js&2.7.0/build/dom/dom-debug.js&2.7.0/
build/autocomplete/autocomplete-debug.js&2.7.0/build/element/element-
debug.js&2.7.0/build/dragdrop/dragdrop-debug.js&2.7.0/build/container/
container-debug.js&2.7.0/build/menu/menu-debug.js&2.7.0/build/button/
button-debug.js&2.7.0/build/calendar/calendar-debug.js&2.7.0/build/
json/json-debug.js&2.7.0/build/charts/charts-debug.js&2.7.0/build/
paginator/paginator-debug.js&2.7.0/build/datatable/datatable-
debug.js&2.7.0/build/get/get-debug.js&2.7.0/build/logger/logger-
debug.js&2.7.0/build/selector/selector-debug.js&2.7.0/build/slider/
slider-debug.js&2.7.0/build/tabview/tabview-debug.js&2.7.0/build/
treeview/treeview-debug.js&2.7.0/build/uploader/uploader.js Line:
1262"] code=1000 INDEX_SIZE_ERR=1 DOMSTRING_SIZE_ERR=2

I can see that it's in the YUI framework.
It only occurs when I reload a certain page with the Firebug DOM tab
open. Any other Firebug tab, and it works just fine.
The error stops aspects of the page from working. I assume it just
stops anything YUI related, but I'm not sure about that yet.

Anyway, the code at/near line 1262 is this:

var args=[].slice.call(arguments, 0), ret=true, i,
rebuild=false;

if (!this.silent) {
YAHOO.log( "Firing " + this + ", " +
"args: " + args + ", " + //Line
1262
"subscribers: " + len,
"info", "Event" );
}

I don't see anything with that code that would cause an error, let
alone a security exception. Firebug tells me that args is always an
array, but it can contain anything from an XMLHttpRequest, to a
mouseclick event, to a function (I think this is when the code
breaks). It looks like the function is from an "onavailable" event,
though I'm not sure of that.
Any thoughts? I realize that not providing any non-YUI-code from the
page isn't terribly helpful, but it doesn't make sense to post all of
it, and I haven't figured out where it's coming from just yet.
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Spizzat2 wrote:
> I've recently started using YAHOO!® User Interface library, and
> noticed that I can consistently reproduce a security exception on a
> certain page in Firefox with Firebug.

Nobody in their right mind uses the bloated YUI. You might find people
interested in debugging it over at <http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/>, though.

<http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting> pp.

PointedEars
will want to steal it.)
From: Stefan Weiss on
On 25/09/09 17:38, Spizzat2 wrote:
> I've recently started using YAHOO!® User Interface library, and
> noticed that I can consistently reproduce a security exception on a
> certain page in Firefox with Firebug.
> The error I get as the page is loading is
> [Exception... "Security error" code: "1000" nsresult: "0x805303e8
> (NS_ERROR_DOM_SECURITY_ERR)" location: "http://yui.yahooapis.com/combo?
> [[snip]] Line: 1262"] code=1000 INDEX_SIZE_ERR=1 DOMSTRING_SIZE_ERR=2
>
> I can see that it's in the YUI framework.
> It only occurs when I reload a certain page with the Firebug DOM tab
> open. Any other Firebug tab, and it works just fine.

That would suggest that the error is related to, or even caused by
Firebug. You could try asking in their support group [0], but unless
this is a known bug, they will (understandably) ask for a reduced and
isolated test case. I'm sure they're not going to start searching for
incompatibilities with an included library of 82k lines. By the way, I
hope you're not including all that in your production code (at least
remove the -debug flag and add the -min flag when you're done debugging).

If you're really interested in solving the problem, you'll have to
remove code from your page until you can pinpoint the exact problem. If
it's not that important to you, just don't reload that specific page
when Firebug's DOM tab is open :-)

cheers,
stefan

[0] http://groups.google.com/group/firebug
From: Spizzat2 on
On Sep 25, 12:54 pm, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedE...(a)web.de>
wrote:
> Spizzat2 wrote:
> > I've recently started using YAHOO!® User Interface library, and
> > noticed that I can consistently reproduce a security exception on a
> > certain page in Firefox with Firebug.
>
> Nobody in their right mind uses the bloated YUI.  You might find people
> interested in debugging it over at <http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/>, though.
>
> <http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting> pp.
>
> PointedEars
> --
> Use any version of Microsoft Frontpage to create your site.
> (This won't prevent people from viewing your source, but no one
> will want to steal it.)
>   -- from <http://www.vortex-webdesign.com/help/hidesource.htm> (404-comp.)

Thanks for you backhanded help.
From: Garrett Smith on
Stefan Weiss wrote:
> On 25/09/09 17:38, Spizzat2 wrote:
>> I've recently started using YAHOO!® User Interface library, and
>> noticed that I can consistently reproduce a security exception on a
>> certain page in Firefox with Firebug.
>> The error I get as the page is loading is
>> [Exception... "Security error" code: "1000" nsresult: "0x805303e8
>> (NS_ERROR_DOM_SECURITY_ERR)" location: "http://yui.yahooapis.com/combo?
>> [[snip]] Line: 1262"] code=1000 INDEX_SIZE_ERR=1 DOMSTRING_SIZE_ERR=2
>>
>> I can see that it's in the YUI framework.
>> It only occurs when I reload a certain page with the Firebug DOM tab
>> open. Any other Firebug tab, and it works just fine.

Do you see the same error in Firefox' Error Console?

What do you see when you click on the error message to go to the line
number?
--
Garrett